Spicy Pork Stir Fry
This spicy pork stir fry is a classic Thailand dish that is not often seen on the menu at local Thai restaurants outside of Thailand. It's made with delicious, but very fatty, pork belly slices cooked in our strong red chili paste with crisp green beans. It's simple to make with just a few easy ingredients. It is traditionally made with pork belly, but you can use lean pork slices for an equally delicious result with less fat.
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Ready in: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb Pork Belly
(cut into thin slices)
- 2 cups Yardlong beans
(or other green bean, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 or 3 Kaffir Lime leaves
(cut into thin slivers)
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
(or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1) Cut the pork belly into thin slices, then fry it for about 2 minutes or until well browned. Remove it from the pan, then fry the red chili in the same pan, in about 2 tablespoons of oil until smooth and creamy.
2) Add the fried pork back to the pan and fry with the chili for about 2 minutes.
3) Add the green beans, soy sauce, sugar, and a little water. Fry until hot and smooth.
4) Serve topped with kaffir lime leaf slivers.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=99