Spicy Mixed Fruit Salad
This delicious Thailand-style fruit salad can be made with many different types of fruit. In this version we used big juicy chunks of Guava, green Apple, Pineapple, Rose Apple, seedless Grapes, and cherry Tomatoes. It's quite simple to make, and is a very nice and completely authentic Thai dish to serve for lunch or with a meal. The salad dressing has a delicious sweet and sour flavor with just a hit of hot chili. You can add more chili, or leave it out entirely to suit your own particular tastes.
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Ready in: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 Cup Guava
- 1/2 Cup Granny Smith Green Apple
- 1/2 Cup Rose apple
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Seedless Grapes
- 4 - 8 Thai Hot Chili
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Shrimp
1) Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces.
2) Pound the dried shrimp in a mortar until flaky, then grind them together with the hot chilies until the chilies are well broken up. Mix in the fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Keep pounding until the sugar dissolves and the dressing is smooth and creamy.
3) Toss the fruits together in a large bowl. Gently stir in the dressing until the fruit is well coated. Serve with lime wedges, garnish with fresh mint.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=93