Spicy Seafood Salad
This amazing Thai salad, known as Pah Talay, is made with fresh shrimp and squid that has been marinated in lime juice, then blanched for just a bit in boiling water. The result are squid rings that are soft and delicious, and shrimp that are plump and juicy. We toss these together with lots of sliced onion, shallots, lemongrass, green onion, garlic, mint, and cilantro. The base for the salad dressing is Nam Prik Pao, our chili sauce that's made with fire-roasted ingredients and is bursting with rich, earthy, smokey, and sweet flavors. This is not your grandma's seafood salad, and you simply must give it a try.
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
Ready in: 15 Minutes
- 200 Grams Shrimp (Prawn)
- 200 Grams Squid
- 2 stalks Lemongrass
- 1/2 Brown or Yellow Onion
- 5 Red Shallots
- 2 Green onions
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander / Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Spearmint
- 5 Thai Hot Chilies
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Roasted Chili Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
1) Clean the shrimp and squid well, then blanch it in boiling water for 30 seconds.
2) Chop and slice the fresh ingredients.
3) Blend the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and nam prik pao to make the salad dressing.
4) Toss everything together and serve.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=63