Chicken with Lemongrass Sauce
This delicious recipe is made by sauteing juicy chunks of chicken breast in ground lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, and garlic. The rich and flavorful sauce that results has flecks of green, yellow, and brown, and so much authentic Thai flavor that you'll probably wonder why you've never seen it before. True, it's not something that you'll find on the menu at your favorite street food place, but we've been making it for years and I'm happy to share it with you now.
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
Ready in: 20 Minutes
- 400 Grams boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 5 - 6 stalks Lemongrass
(enough for 1/2 cup finely chopped or ground lemongrass)
- About 20 - 25 Kaffir Lime leaves
(enough to get 1/4 cup finely chopped or ground)
- 1/4 cup Red Shallots
- 5 large cloves Garlic
(enough for 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic)
- 2 Thai Long Chilies
(or other mild chili)
- 2 - 3 sprigs Coriander / Cilantro Leaves
(use as a garnish)
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
(sliced into very thin slivers)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1) Cut the chicken into small cubes.
2) Chop and grind the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, shallots, and garlic. Then pound them all together into a fine herb paste.
3) Heat oil in a wok over low flame, then fry the herb paste slowly for about 30 seconds.
4) Add the chicken and stir in well. Fry for about 5 minutes, keeping the heat low, then add a small amount of water to make a sauce.
5) Toss in the peppers. Cook for 30 seconds, then serve. Garnish with slivered kaffir lime leaf and cilantro.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=62