Garlic Prawns with Crispy Garlic Chips
This lovely stir fried dish just takes a few minutes to make, and who can resist the delicious sweetness of fresh, plump, and juicy shrimp cooked in a rich sauce flavored with lots of garlic and fresh coriander root? Our recipe is topped off by homemade fried garlic chips, adding a flavorful crunch. It's a nice change from spicy foods.
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3 Minutes
Ready in: Less than 20 Minutes
- 400 Grams Shrimp (Prawn)
- 1 Cup Garlic
(prefer small cloves, for making garlic chips)
- 4 large cloves Garlic
- 4 large Coriander Roots
(cleaned and chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground White Pepper
1) Remove the heads and shells from the shrimp, clean and devein them well.
2) Grind the garlic and coriander root together into a very fine mush, then mix together with fish sauce, sugar, and ground white pepper. Add the shrimp and marinate for 15 minutes.
3) Heat oil in a wok or frying pan, over low - medium flame. Add the shrimp and cook slowly until they turn pink and curl up.
4) Serve immediately on a small plate. Sprinkle with fried garlic chips, then garnish with cilantro.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=58