Stir Fried Pork with Basil & Chili
Pad Kaprow (ผัดกะเพราหมู) is probably one of the most popular dishes in Thailand. It's a spicy stir fried dish made with chopped pork, basil, chilies, and garlic, and it's perfect for a one-dish meal over rice or as a side dish at a family style dinner. If you have been lucky enough to visit Thailand and had this while you were here, then you know that nothing beats Pad Krapow, except maybe Pad Kaprow Kai Dow (served with a fried egg). It's actually quite easy to make, and now you can try it at home with this restaurant perfected recipe from Worawut.
Yield: 1 - 2 serving
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
Ready in: 10 - 15 Minutes
- 1 Cup Ground Pork Loin
- 2 Cups Holy basil
(Krapow Basil Leaves)
- 1/2 Cup Yardlong beans
(or other green bean, cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 - 4 Thai Hot Chilies
(or other spicy red chili)
- 2 - 4 Cloves Garlic
(Large cloves, or more if using small cloves)
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dark Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
(or less, as needed)
1) Fry one egg and have it ready.
2) Crush the garlic and chilies together, then fry them in oil for about 30 seconds.
3) Add the ground pork and stir into the chili and garlic. Fry until well browned.
4) Add the cut green beans, oyster sauce, sugar, and soy sauces. Fry until the pan starts to get dry, then add a small amount of water.
5) Turn off the heat, then add fresh basil. Stir in well and serve immediately with steamed rice.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=45