Stir Fried Morning Glory
This simple yet delicious stir fried vegetable side dish made with Pak Boong (ผักบุ้ง; Water Morning Glory; Water Spinach) is one of Thailand's most popular foods. We think it should be on every first-time visitor's "must eat" list, as it is difficult to find at restaurants in the west. Seasoned with soy bean paste, garlic, chilies, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, the salty-spicy-sour-and-crunchiness of Pad Pak Boong Fai Daeng is great as a side dish or all by itself.
Yield: 3 - 4 servings
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cooking time: 2 - 3 Minutes
Ready in: 10 Minutes
- 1 Bunch Water morning glory
(Cut into 4 - 6 inch pieces, about 4 cups)
- 4 Thai Hot Chili
- 3 large cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Yellow Soybean Paste
- 1/2 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1) Cut the morning glory into 4 inch long pieces and place it in a bowl. Then measure the sauce ingredient and also put those in the bowl. Break up the garlic and chilies and add them to the top of the bowl.
2) Heat the oil in a large wok until very hot, then all at once add the contents of the bowl. Stir and fry quickly, turning for the bottom until the morning glory is wilted.
3) Serve inmediately.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: thaicookbook.tv/?rid=4