Pan Fried Rice Noodles with Chinese Broccoli
Pad See Ew is a popular Thai one-dish meal, made with soft and chewy rice noodles that are pan fried with Chinese broccoli and either sliced pork or chicken. It is not spicy, so you can serve it to your friends that can't handle all the chilies that are in a lot of other Thai stir-fried dishes. Some people like to spice it up at the table with chili sauce or ground red chilies, so it's certain to be enjoyed by everyone. We just love the way the rice noodles stick together and make a delicious, hearty meal. This recipe is for one usual serving, but it is filling so can be shared if you are serving it with other foods.
Yield: 1 - 2 serving
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 3 Minutes
Ready in: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 pound, about 2 cups Wide Rice Noodles
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Chinese broccoli
- 1 Chicken Egg
- 1/2 slice Brown or Yellow Onion
(just enough to get about 4 - 5 small pieces of onion)
- 1 - 2 Baby corns
(cut lengthwise into slices)
- 2 - 3 small pieces Carrot
- 2 - 3 thin slivers Thai Long Chili
(mild chili (red, yellow, or orange))
- 3 - 4 Garlic
(small cloves of garlic, not peeled)
- 1 teaspoon White cane sugar
(plus more to serve at table)
- 2 teaspoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dark Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1) Fry garlic and onion in oil for about 30 seconds, then add the chicken meat. Fry until it is almost cooked.
2) Add baby corn, carrot, and chilies, and continue frying. Crack the egg in and stir it up well.
3) Add light soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Stir well and cook until it starts to get a little brown.
4) Add the broccoli, then add the noodles. Stir in well, then add the dark sweet soy sauce. Push the noodles into the sauce and continue frying until all liquid is absorbed and the broccoli gets a little wilted. Serve immediately
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=18