Spicy Fried Noodles with Shrimp
This spicy stir-fried ramen noodle dish is perfect as a one-dish lunch or as part of a traditional Thai family meal. We use ordinary ramen noodle soup squares, pan frying them in a delicious garlic and chili sauce, and topping them with a healthy bunch of our Bai Kraprow basil. Here we used some large fresh prawns, but Pad Kraprow Mama can be made with ground pork, sliced chicken or pork, or even canned mackerel. As you'll see, this dish is quite easy to make up at home with just a few ingredients, and the flavor is amazing.
Yield: 1 or 2 serving
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
Ready in: 10 Minutes
- 3 - 4 Large Shrimp
(Peeled and deveined)
- 1 or 2 packages Ramen Noodle Soup
- 1 Cup Holy Basil Leaves
- 3 - 4 ears Baby corn
- 1/2 Cup Green Bean
- 2 - 3 slices Onion
- 2 - 3 large cloves Garlic
- 2 or more Thai Hot Chilies
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
1) Boil the ramen noodles for about one minute or until loosened, then rinse in cold water and drain well.
2) Fry garlic and chili in oil until fragrant, then add the shrimp and fry lightly on both sides. Add the sauces and sugar, and fry until the shrimp curl and turn pink, then remove them to a plate.
3) Add the onion, corn, and green beans. Stir fry for one minute, then add a little water. Let it get hot and bubbly, then add the cooked noodles. Turn the heat up to high and fry, stirring and flipping until dry and sticky.
4) Turn off the heat, add the basil and stir it in well. Add the shrimp back in and let them warm up a little, then serve on a large plate. Garnish with fresh basil tops and whole Thai hot chilies.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=122