Thai Iced Tea
From its bright orange color to its surprising sweetness and flavor, nothing beats a Thai Iced Tea when you want to round out your traditional Thai meal. It's one of our most popular drinks. In Thailand it's usually made by the glass, but watch me as I show you how we make it by the pitcher the way we do in the restaurant. Now you can keep some on hand in the refrigerator and have a glass anytime.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
Ready in: 7 Minutes, then allow to cool.
- 2 Liters Water
- 1/2 cup Cha Tra Meu Black Tea Blend
- 1/3 cup Evaporated milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
1) Heat 2 liters of water until boiling, then add the Cha Tra Meu tea mix. Steep for 5 minutes, then pour the tea through a cloth filter.
2) Stir in the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and sugar. Allow the tea to cool completely.
3) Transfer to a pitcher, and refrigerate until time to serve. Serve over crushed ice, garnished with mint.
For more detailed information and a free video lesson, visit this web page: ThaiCookbook.tv/?rid=115